Re: [opensuse-gnome] Empathy by default. Again :-)
  • From: Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 13:59:04 -0300
Vincent Untz ha scritto:
Hey,

So it's that time of the year again, where we discuss shipping empathy
as default IM client:
https://features.opensuse.org/308281

As far as I can tell, the last unresolved issues we have with it are:

+ the handling of certificates, especially for groupwise
+ proxies

As a reminder, empathy offers a better GNOME integration, as long as
several cool features (share your desktop!), and has an intuitive UI.

IMHO, if the certificate issue is really just for groupwise, we should
ignore it.

As for proxies, I'll let Dominique comment there. My guess, though, is
that most people don't have to use proxies, so are not affected. People
using proxies will know that they have to use one, and can use pidgin
instead.

What do you think?

Vincent

Hi Vincent!

I know that what am starting to tell is firstly out-of-topic, then not
application related (empathy, Skype, Kopete, Pidgin...), but moreover
kernel/audio-platform related, anyway I woul like to point out the fact
that 11.3 is still lacking driver support for USB Mics.

(I mean the ones integrated into Web Cams, as the Philips SPC530NC).

Perhaps in openSUSE the times are matures to overcome this kind of
problems...Or not?

Marco Calistri
http://mcalistri.blogspot.com