Re: [opensuse-gnome] Monsoon/Transmission, Pidgin/Empathy, Gwibber, etc.
  • From: Odd-rationale <oddrationale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 21:29:33 -0700
On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Christian Jäger <christian.jaeger@xxxxxx> wrote:

Am Samstag, den 08.08.2009, 23:27 +0200 schrieb Vincent Untz:

During one of the last few meetings, it was decided to move to
transmission, but the meeting was not well-attended. Luis, what is the
end word?

I didn't attend the meeting but I sure hope it's Transmission from now
on. :-)

Dear opensuse-gnome team,

Wasn't one of the problem of including Transmission was the DHT support?

According to this ticket (,
it seems that Transmission has DHT support as a compile-time option.
Does that mean if I want Transmission *with* DHT, I would have to
compile it myself or get it from a non-official repository?

As for Monsoon, it appears from the MonoTorrent blog that DHT support
would be available as an addin, but simply disabled by default
This seems much simpler to me.

However, it is quite obvious that Monsoon is not as feature rich as
Transmission, or at lest not yet.

I really like Monsoon because I think it was quite some potential, and
that Mono technology is pretty cool! And I like Transmission because
it is lightweight and was more useful features.

In the end, I am not a big torrent user and I can easily live with
either client, or install the client of my choice.

Just my thoughts. Thanks!

Dariel Dato-on