Re: [opensuse-gnome] Monsoon/Transmission, Pidgin/Empathy, Gwibber, etc.
  • From: Odd-rationale <oddrationale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 21:29:33 -0700
On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Christian Jäger <christian.jaeger@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 08.08.2009, 23:27 +0200 schrieb Vincent Untz:

During one of the last few meetings, it was decided to move to
transmission, but the meeting was not well-attended. Luis, what is the
end word?

I didn't attend the meeting but I sure hope it's Transmission from now
on. :-)

Greets,
Chris

Dear opensuse-gnome team,

Wasn't one of the problem of including Transmission was the DHT support?

According to this ticket (http://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/2222),
it seems that Transmission has DHT support as a compile-time option.
Does that mean if I want Transmission *with* DHT, I would have to
compile it myself or get it from a non-official repository?

As for Monsoon, it appears from the MonoTorrent blog that DHT support
would be available as an addin, but simply disabled by default
(http://monotorrent.blogspot.com/2009/05/monsoon-blowing-down-barriers.html).
This seems much simpler to me.

However, it is quite obvious that Monsoon is not as feature rich as
Transmission, or at lest not yet.

I really like Monsoon because I think it was quite some potential, and
that Mono technology is pretty cool! And I like Transmission because
it is lightweight and was more useful features.

In the end, I am not a big torrent user and I can easily live with
either client, or install the client of my choice.

Just my thoughts. Thanks!

Cordially,
Dariel Dato-on