Re: [opensuse-gnome] Switching to empathy as default IM client?
On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 17:24 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Wednesday 17 June 2009 16:27:59 Luis Medinas wrote:
[...]
Another feature missing on empathy is plugins that pidgin as a
lot.

Note that I expect that pidgin will still be available for those that do not
want to switch from pidgin to empathy. But now we need to know what exactly
you would miss to decide on the default for new installations,

I'm currently testing the new empathy (2.27.3) with the only backend i
use (msn). I'm trying to figure if offline msgs and send/receive files
work as pidgin. The new features for empathy is impressive, also the
notifications are supported and work as expected. Maybe facebook users
can have a word since empathy doesn't support this protocol.

Luis