Re: [opensuse-factory] simplicity, WAS: About the Live CDs (PLEASE READ)
On Sunday 10 June 2012 00:59:42 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

Rank Distribution H.P.D*
1 Mint 4081<
2 Ubuntu 2205>
3 Fedora 1703=
4 Mageia 1472>
5 Debian 1390=
6 openSUSE 1386>

It's a numbers game and openSUSE's numbers are terrible. We have a
strong community, SUSE Gallery, OBS and as far as I know the corporate
side is doing acceptably well on the business metrics - revenues,
expenses and competitive positioning in the enterprise. Why are we
behind Mageia and Debian?

I think Mageia received sone additional coverage recently due to current events.

For that matter, how did Mint manage to pass
Ubuntu?

By providing Mate, a fork or Gnome2?
They also provide Cinnamon, but as I know it is not widely used yet.