On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2012-06-07 18:48, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

Then there is a need for a rescue CD besides the live CD. The rescue
CD would only need necessary admin tools and docs.

Which is what I'm advocating: a smaller live CD, for rescue and fast
install, perhaps with xfce, and larger USB image for gnome and kde.

+1

If low bandwidth is a concern, then removing packages won't be a real
solution, as they'll need to be downloaded during / or after install
anyway (every time).

Having a bigger usb live image for testing and install, and a smaller
cd image as a rescue system (though I'll copy it to a usb stick
anyway) would be, IMHO, the best solution.

--
Kind Regards