Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Tumbleweed / KDE4.8.2
On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 06:09:35PM +0200, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
On Sunday 22 April 2012 17:12:36 Mike Galbraith wrote:
Hm, I updated overnight, now I can no longer login in X, login screen
just permanently reappears. Seems Tumbleweed update didn't go well at
all this time. Oh well, disable Tumbleweed, zypper dup -l and see if
box works tomorrow.

Same problem here. When I kill "kdm", I can start KDE via startx, but
other stuff is broken as well: I can't enable the modem USB stick and
get this in /var/log/messages:

Apr 29 17:53:28 netbook polkitd(authority=local): \
Operator of unix-session:/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session3 \
FAILED to authenticate to gain authorization for action \
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.enable-disable-wwan for \
system-bus-name::1.27 [kdeinit4: plasma-desktop [kdeinit]] \
(owned by unix-user:foo)

Polkit problem? Anyway, I'll be trying to fix the disaster by dropping
Tumbleweed for the time being, too.

Does this problem happen if you drop the tumbleweed repo, and enable the
KDE 4.8 repo instead? They should be in sync, and I'm not doing
anything "special" in Tumbleweed, so the bugs should be the same, if
any. I would recommend reporting this on the opensuse-kde mailing list
if you continue to have problems so it can get fixed.

thanks,

greg k-h