Re: [opensuse-factory] KDe4.8 in oS12.1?
2012/1/27 C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 20:37, Tom Parker <tparker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I installed 4.8 last night with no real problems from here:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/48/openSUSE_12.1/KDE:Release:48.repo

I had to remove the kdm-branding-openSUSE-12.1-15.3.9.noarch package to
resolve some dependancies but otherwise it all worked.

Which is the upstream repo.. not Factory.... so... bleh... it's so
unclear which one to use where.  I usually use Factory (esp for
KDE)... I'm happy to use Upstream too :-) I'll give it a whirl here.

But... there are a few misleading bits on the KDE repo page.  The one
I linked should be Factory 4.8 builds for Factory, 11.4 and 12.1...
I've checked and Factory are the only ones that have been updated.
So... are "we" updating the Factory repos there for 11.4 and 12.1?
(when?) or are they staying as they are? (and thus should be removed
from that part of the Wiki page)

C.

Hi
I found this:
http://kdeatopensuse.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/kde-sc-4-8-packages-for-opensuse-are-out/
It sounds promising, a friend of mine already did it and it worked.
I will try it tommorow morning but if you want give it a look :D
Have fun
Kostas

--
http://opensuse.gr