Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Integrating Plymouth
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 12:17:06 +0100
On Wednesday 28 December 2011 09:26:30 Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 28.12.2011 08:58, schrieb Anders Johansson:
Does plymouth still require kms? If it does, I don't think it will be such
a great idea to do away with bootsplash, and require people with nvidia
cards to boot in text mode.

Huh? I just installed on a NVidia based nettop and do not need textmode?
Works just fine with KMS out of the box. The same with one of the kids
machines...

With the binary driver? Or are you using nouveau

nouveau isn't really an acceptable solution for people who want high
performance graphics

Anders