[opensuse-factory] RFC: Integrating Plymouth
Hi:

Today I looked into Plymouth and got it somehow working quickly, I want to propose the inclusion of this replacement of bootsplash, under the following constrains:

- It will be only supported when running in conjunction with systemd.
(it has native integration with it)

- Users are free to package or create their own themes, but we provide only ONE theme, consistent "looking" between desktops whatever the openSUSE artwork theme decides.

Steps:

- enable building of systemd-plymouth package, actually changing %build_plymouth variable in systemd.spec

- Take a look to the initrd related code, as well as "cryptsetup" integration that looks somewhat strange currently.

- Install "bootsplash" only with legacy sysvinit.

That's all for now.