Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumblweed has switched to 12.1 and is now empty
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
There is a place on the wiki that does describe this and how to update
easily, sorry, I don't have web access at the moment to dig it out, but
I know it is there as Jos had me proof-read it a few weeks ago.

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Change_from_12.1_to_Tumbleweed

Greg, that page was created less than a month ago.

And more importantly, it was not announced in any way shape or form
that I can find via google.

Nor does the main tumbleweed portal page have a link to it.

The newly birthed page says that openSUSE_current repo was created
specifically to ease the 11.4 => 12.1 transition (as well as future
transitions).

That is really nice and I'm happy it was done, but an announcement
here on factory where Tumbleweed is supported seems like the minimum
that could have been done to get the word out that there was a new
recommended repo management strategy for Tumbleweed.

Greg