Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumblweed has switched to 12.1 and is now empty
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 08:43:47AM +0100, Eduard Huguet wrote:
Hey,
This is just what I did, and upgrade process didn't update a lot of
packages (i.e. KDE is stuck at 4.6.5), because "zypper update" doesn't
change vendor back from openSUSE-Tumbleweed to "normal" openSUSE. Do
we need to use "zypper dup"?

Yes, you always need to use 'zypper dup' when using Tumbleweed and
updating to a new distro.

If so, this can be problematic in case we have (like I do) other
Tumbleweed repositories selectedi.e. (Packman, Subpixel, ...), etc...

It shouldn't have, those should now be updated as well.

thanks,

greg k-h