Re: [opensuse-factory] The release notes/product highlights for 12.1
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:13 PM, Ilya Chernykh <anixxsus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have KDE2 installed on my computer and from my impression it is less buggy
than KDE3.
Even KDE3.0 looks more solid than KDE 3.5. So not all activity of developers
makes things better.

Heh... I'll have to agree with 3.0 vs 3.5, but still, you cannot keep
using unmaintained code indefinitely.
If KDE developers decided to move on and introduce buggy stuff, or
plainly stuff you don't like, it's either you adapt or move on.
To gnome. Or any other desktop.

Maintaining kde3 libs alive is all nice, especially if it keeps
beloved applications working. But it's only a temporary measure.
The more permanent one being porting to the newer libs.

And, I have to say even though I like KDE from a user pov, if qt/kde
is too much of a moving target, ditch it.