Re: [opensuse-factory] Bugs in 11.4
Quoting Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>:

I think this is completely catastrophic decision: the number of applications
rises and as it raises the better categorization is needed.

This change brought complete messy junkyard in the menus. Besides
impossibility to determine an application's function and to find what you
want, it also puts so many entries in each menu that you have to scroll
several screens just to see each entry.

Design decisions are always in favor of some and are alienating somebody else. This is a sad fact, on the other hand it's nice and shows individualism of humans. We do luckily like different thins.

FWIW, you can change this by unsetting the XDG_MENU_PREFIX environment
variable -- this is being set in /usr/bin/gnome.

I have tried this but without success. After changing XDG_MENU_PREFIX the
menus are the same. But the removal of the gnome-applications.menu helped.

Another alternative could of course be to re-arrange the menu exactly the way you want it, by using Alacarte... will be a one-time effort for you, to get the menu just the way you want and like it.

Dominique