Re: [opensuse-factory] packman status
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:08:56 +0200
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 03:57:40PM +0200, jdd wrote:
Hello,

Recent discussions on this list makes me think there should be some
change (minor) in the way the community repositories are shown to the
users.

IMHO, packman should have a special status, just after the official
repos and far before any OBS repo.

packman is an incredible addition to openSUSE, I can say that openSUSE
could not live in a personal computer system without packman (and you
know why)

But no newcommer can know that, so the community list should be shown
like this:

Official repos:
OSS
non-OSS
UPDATE
(...)

Major repo:
Packman

*Under this, use at your own risks*

Packman is the most risky one actually ...

Ciao, Marcus