Re: [opensuse-factory] The frog (kermit) seems to be gone?
  • From: "Joop Boonen" <joop_boonen@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:18:57 +0200
On Mon, October 19, 2009 10:49 pm, Michal Marek wrote:
Joop Boonen napsal(a):
All,

I wanted to install ckermit on openSuSE 11.2 RC1. It doesn't seen to
exist
any-more.

Is there a specific reason to drop this package?

The reason was that I though there were no living users anymore :). If
you use it, are you willing to maintain it? I think there aren't many
other users, so bugs about functionality should be rare, if any. You
might occasionally get a bugreport about coding errors from David
Binderman, but that's all.

There are probably not many people that use it (I'm one of them).

Kermit is very useful for connecting to serial consoles for Sun sparc
stations, Cisco and other networking devices and other devices with an
rs232 management console.

I will try to maintain it.

I also sent an email to Columbia university to find out what the status of
version 8.0.212 is.

Michal