Re: [opensuse-factory] wxGTK versus wxWidgets
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:09:08 +0200
2009/9/25 Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>:
I see another wxGTK ABI problem in 11.2:
GSocket is defined by as C stricture in GLib inherited from GTK+
GSocket is defined as class by wxGTK
I made an ugly work around for 11.2, which probably breaks ABI as well.

Note there is this patch: http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/10883,
Packman uses it.
I have to go and have no time to thing this, anyway probably you
should ask some of the binutils guys.
The patch from trac seems to not break the ABI, but at runtime the
resolved symbol would depend of the linking order (a good side effect
of now using --as-needed in 11.2 is that probably the linking order
will always be correct?). Still, the C vs C++ symbol name mangling
should not avoid this problem??