Re: [opensuse-factory] Removing sax2 from live cd?
  • From: David Haller <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 01:56:03 +0200
Hello,

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009, Mike wrote:
[..]
The reason I ask, is that there are folks that use something other than
the xorg furnished video drivers. Fglrx and the nvidia driver come to
mind. As they aren't normally supplied with the distro, they must be
added later. Then you have to tell x somehow to use that particular
driver. If what you are saying is true, you'd either have to have an
xorg.conf file, or reset these drivers each time you start the machine.

AFAIK/ISTR you can put only the needed stuff into the file. Something
along the lines of (untested guesswork, from memory):

====
Section "Module"
Load "glx"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor[0]"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device[0]"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "NvAGP" "1" # sample option
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen[0]"
Device "Device[0]"
Monitor "Monitor[0]"
EndSection
====

--
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent,
and emtpy threats the final sanctuary of the terminally inept."