Re: [opensuse-factory] Czech Packagers Meeting minutes 2009-02-03
  • From: Felix Möller <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:01:26 +0100
Hi,
As a translator, I can tell you that it is quite difficult (for me) to
translate a manpage, because there is no useful manpage writing
program -
ie, one that does not require the writer to be a programmer.

The man pages are simple text files with a few processing commands
like .TH, .SH, .P, .br in them. So something like Gedit, Kate or
Notepad is all that's needed.

I know, but that is far from what I want. A programmer can be happy with
that, a user (writer, translator) wants WYSIWYG.

Yes, I have written (translated) man pages. I know what I say. It is
doable, but not easy. I have to concentrate on the interface instead of
the text.
have you had a look at asciidoc (http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/) it
generates man pages and other output, but has a nice syntax to write them in.

regards
Felix Möller