Re: [opensuse-factory] Cannot upgrade Beta5
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:32:28 +1100
Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Freitag 21 November 2008 schrieb Basil Chupin:

OK, so my memory banks came up with the info. that there was a change to
some --but which ones? - URLs to /factory/ so I altered the above URL in
my message to read download/opensuse.org/factory/repo/[non-oss][oss]
which produced the effect that I had some 1018 upgrades to Beta5 to be
performed - with, from what I saw, many files to be downgraded. So I
told zypper to go and play in the traffic.

Yeah, well factory is factory and 11.1/repo is beta5 - and the problem
has nothing to do with zypper, it's simply a dead server. Verify with:
ping widehat.opensuse.org

Greetings, Stephan

Thanks for this. The server came back up the following day and all was
well after that.

Ciao.

--
Once, in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew and we were forced to
live on nothing but food and water for days.

W C Fields.