Re: [opensuse-factory] Mplayer.........
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 17:11:27 -0500
Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
2008/11/9 Fred A. Miller <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Detlef Reichelt wrote:

[snip]

It's there since years and rebuild for 11.1 for some weeks...
Nope....the file won't install...dependencies that won't resolve.
it's a great bug-report! If you couldn't help to fix bugs, why do you
use factory?
Why do you enjoy being an elitist who works hard at getting rid of ;others?

It seems you still didn't understand the problem. Let me translate to
you, when Detlef says "it's a great bug-report!" what he is trying to

[snip]

The problem wasn't mine, it was that in the CD live install, the packman
repository WASN'T listed...I looked but couldn't find it on the Net.
Trying to install mplayer from packman had dependencies that wouldn't
resolve because Yast couldn't find the files needed. The error is in the
packaging for the CD live isos. Basil is the one who told me that there
was a packman repository, although he didn't give me the address. When I
did my "daily" update today, I had over 900 files...mostly from the
repro site INCLUDING an update for the community repros....packman is
now available. Now, look at his response from my position, and you'll
see it as a smart ass response.

Fred

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."