Re: [opensuse-factory] Contrib: Progress
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 06:35:52 -0400
Michal Marek escribió:

The buildservice can't generate patches (yet).

That's a good thing to add ;-)

I would prefer to keep updates to the minimum - only critical bugfixes
and critical security fixes.

Ack.

Yes, I think patch level, security/functionality upgrades should be allowed.

As for distribution - I don't know if we need a separate branch for
updates, but I think yes, having separate branch for updates is a good
idea. Not sure what we will implement.

The downside of a separate repository is that users need to be aware of
it and subscribe both repositories, otherwise they won't receive
security updates. I think the following should work:
When freezing the repository, add

Atm I suggest we dont use a separate repository for security fixes, that
will just complicate things, let's have a working set of packages
first, then evaluate the real need for such thing.

Cheers.

--
"A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no
mercy. "

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH