Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.0
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:54:47 +0200
Nathan Moschkin <ironywrit@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Robert Lewis wrote:
I just installed 11.0 on my HP laptop.
It was fast and clean. Updates went really well.

I must have accidentally told it to do an upgrade rather than
a fresh install because my and my wife's folders were still
present.

I had to make a login for her again post install but I just
pointed the user manager to the old directory.

I had the opposite experience (nearly) ... I told it not to format the
drive, but it did, anyway, but luckily I had backed up my home
directories (one should always, obviously).

That should not happen in any case - I would like to see a complete
bugreport with YaST log files so that our engineers can double check
this,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany