Re: [opensuse-factory] [status report] openSUSE distribution, week 17
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevindupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:26:03 -0500
On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 12:48 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

Beta1 is out and we see a lot of testing by a lot of you, many thanks for
that. You can see the status of it in the list of most annoying bugs - not
too bad, not too good either :)

But I want to stress an important page, that Holgi was so nice to put
together: the list of implemented features:

http://en.opensuse.org/Testing:Features_11.0

Why is this important? Because these features are often the reason for
changes
that cause bugs and as such are the central thing to test for new products.
So beside your usual "this is what I'm doing with it" testing, it would be
perfect if everyone could look at some.

For details how we think it could be done, see the text on the page:

If you want to help testing, select the feature you want to test, edit this
page and set it's "Testing Result" to "running" when starting the tests.
After finishing the test, please edit the page again and set the result
either to "passed" or to "failed".

If the test do not pass, please also create a bug report in Bugzilla (see
Bug Reporting FAQ for details) including the "Feature No".

If you are unable to finish the test, please reset the status from "running"
to "idle".

Thanks a lot for your support. Please note that this is the first time we're
doing it this way. Hopefully we'll have better tools for future versions, so
we'll gladly hear your feedback on what works and what doesn't.

Greetings, Stephan

This page is an extremely good idea and a very nice addition for
testing. This could also be useful for marketing, e.g. "207 new features
in openSUSE 11.0" if ya want to go all Apple style ;-)
--
Kevin "Yo" Dupuy | Public Mail <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> | Yo.media:
225-590-5961