Re: [opensuse-factory] Releasesnotes before hardware Configuration
  • From: David Wright <david.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 23:53:33 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 9. März 2006 19:29 schrieb Juergen Weigert:
> On Mar 09, 06 18:24:50 +0100, Azerion wrote:
> > > What other place would you place it? Perhaps they could be more to the
> > > beginning, just after the licence agreement.
> >
> > That would be a nice place.
>
> It should be at a place where the user is idle and waiting for the computer
> to finish some work. So right at the beginning would be self defying. There
> the user will always click away anything that delays start of installation.
>
> Currently the user has two choices while waiting:
>
> a) View the slideshow, or
> b) view the endless listing of packages scroll by.
>
> I suggest to provide for two more choices to spend the time:
>
> c) study the release-notes, or
> d) play tetris.
>
> cheers,
> Jw.

DOH! That'll teach me to read the whole thread first, just posted the same
suggestion elsewhere... Great minds and all that :-P

Dave
--
"I got to go figure," the tenant said. "We all got to figure. There's some way
to stop this. It's not like lightning or earthquakes. We've got a bad thing

< Previous Next >