Re: [opensuse-factory] Releasesnotes before hardware Configuration
  • From: Azerion <azerion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:10:49 +0100
> > I'd prefer Release Notes being displayed before installation, not
> > afterwards: It's like the RPM for some database having packed a file
> > README saying you'll have to back-up your database before installing that
> > RPM...

That's an good option also. But now there is something in it from
Pango/Firefox and users forget that note if they see it before all the
installation-information. maybe it can be splitted in Read before and
read-after. If nit, then it is indeed better to place it at top.

> So, you guys are actually starting an installation of some software
> _without_ looking at the release notes on the installation medium
> _before_? I'd say the solution is pretty easy, the file
> RELEASE-NOTES.en.txt is available in the "docu" directory, you should make
> use of it.

So you guy are somebody that only think about geeks instead of
home-desktop-users? I'd say the solution is to give everybody a PC-training
so they will lean to be as the Linux-geeks...then they will read the
releasenoted before installation.

As long we don't have a training for home-users like that they will probably
never see the releasenoted before the installation-proces.

Beers,

Azerion