Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] article on GNU/Linux in schools and universities
  • From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:33:43 +0000 (UTC)
--- Tony Whitmore <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If your view of Linux magazines is that they are all "Move [sic] Player
> of the Week" articles, then you obviously haven't read any of them for

Not at all. But from the ones I have read, this seems to be quite popular.
And why not? It's informative to a wide-range of people.

> some time. In addition to the more run-of-the-mill group roundups,
> reviews and news, there are tutorials, interviews and discussion
> articles, as well as run-downs on new technologies (like SOLID). If this
> isn't heavyweight enough for you, then the more indepth and even
> philosophical articles of Linux User & Developer might be more your cup
> of tea.

I wouldn't have said heavy-weight was my "cup of tea" either, but I'll just
have to have a more indepth look, I suppose. The last Linux User & Developer
issue I read (from last year sometime I suppose) didn't seem that bad, but
the actual content seemed a little lacking in comparision to the other Linux
magazines available. This might have changed since then, of course. Thanks
anyway.

Thomas.

Introducing the new Yahoo! Answers Beta – A new place to get answers to your questions – Try it http://uk.answers.yahoo.com

< Previous Next >