RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] ADSL speeds into school
  • From: Christopher Dawkins <cchd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 10:18:02 +0000 (UTC)

> Is this really true ? I cannot see why a school - any more than anyone else
> needs a symetrical Internet feed.

Averall, and at present, I agree with you, but once the school becomes a
"centre of learning" with a good quantity of information and active
learning material on its own intranet server, then pupils will be
accessing it from home ("anytime, anywhere"). So during evenings, weekends
and holidays it will need high outgoing bandwidth. There are times in the
holidays when we have more outgoing than incoming.

--
Christopher Dawkins, Felsted School, Dunmow, Essex CM6 3JG
01371-822698, mobile 07816 821659 cchd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx