Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-contrib (283 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-contrib] Czech Packagers Team - Contrib repository notes
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:27:23 +0100
Hi,

Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 05:22:41PM +0100, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 04:01:30PM +0100, Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:
According to the wiki page, the only open issues are security fixes and
updates. Marcus, could you please look at

http://en.opensuse.org/Contrib
and
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2008-11/msg00410.html

and comment on it?
First, you should perhaps just start doing stuff there and see how it
works out....
Second
[...]

I think the question to you is rather about how to ensure that we know
about security problems and such. So how would we best do the work you
guys do for the Contrib repo?

The handling is pretty easy. Just submit a patch to the packages in the
<version>:Contrib repo and patch/newer version to Factory:Contrib. Like
you said.

There is one question for this which I had in part 2:

Will you have seperate repos for old versions like 11.1 and Factory
and backport to the old versions?

Or do you always go the current upstream version, like e.g. packman does?

If there are per-product contrib repositories with backports, it will be
much more work and require more involvement.

Yes we know but this is already agreed upon. The general idea was to
mimic Factory as much as possible. So backporting security stuff is what
we will do.

For notifications of security issues I have no idea yet, but can discuss
this with the team... We could mail / bugreport issues with packages
in Contrib for instance.

Oh if you could do that this would be very cool. Please ask them!

Henne

--
http://opensuse.org