Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Add Scientific Linux to OBS
Am Samstag, 5. März 2011, 21:28:48 schrieb Paul Elliott:
On Saturday, March 05, 2011 02:42:15 am Ralf Becker wrote:

So it needs someone to talk to RH about the devel packages ...

Ralf

Excuse me for asking what may be a dumb question, but why can't the devel
packages be built from source which by the gpl must be available?

To my knowledge (but I might be wrong), they are shipped only via RHN
which forbids redistribution.

However, I have not really checked this, but it is too risky for me
without finding out details (and I do not want to spend too much time
one this personally). I also have no access to RHN.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH