Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:41:33 +0200
Am Montag, 26. April 2010 20:34:11 schrieb Pau Garcia i Quiles:
for example all the ffmpeg packages, but one need to look in each
source package
for to find more.

ffmpeg is available in Debian Lenny in OBS.

it seems we did not filter Debian properly enough.

Does that mean Debian did not filter itself properly enough?

When in doubt, I always side with Debian.

FWIW, this is a summary of what Debian and Ubuntu found on ffmpeg:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionFFmpeg

It might be easier for a project without real money which can be taken
via a law suite.

Sorry, but I can't discuss legal issues here. For one I just following
legal advice and it can be also used in future law suites if I would.

But be assured that it is not the case that we never get sued because
of stuff on our distribution and we just skip all the interesting
software because we want to create problems.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH