Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Why there are 2 projects for one package?
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:38:01 +0200
On Thursday 25 October 2007 08:02, Charles Li wrote:
Dear all,

When I search the "novell-ipsec-tools" in
https://build.opensuse.org/main/search_result
there are 2 results.

novell-ipsec-tools (project home:rguenther:playground)
novell-ipsec-tools (project openSUSE:Factory)

I wanna know what's the difference,
Interesting question because: What is it what you're really
interested in? Probably not a technical diff between the two
packages in the first place, because that might be hard to
read and understand. That comes when you are geeked through.

What are criteria which package is the one I need? The version
number of course, mostly the highest is the most interesting
package. However I think the maintainer can add some information
here like in Richies case "It's a test package for gcc, you
probably do not want to install it". Maybe a "use-this-index",
between 1..10 that the packager can set to influence the search
engine. Of course later on the opinion of the packager gets
confirmned by the trust system or not ;-)

I would prefer the fuzzy "use-this-index" over a bool "production
ready" flag btw.

Klaas

--
Klaas Freitag Architect OPS/IPD