Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Add mercurial?
  • From: Lenz Grimmer <lenz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:05:56 +0200

Hi!

Adrian Schröter wrote:

> > Thanks! Is it possible to "move" packages from one project to another?
>
> it isn't. I do personally not like such a feature, because it can confuse
> users too much, when you your stuff around too often....

That is of course true. Well, I blogged about the move, just to be sure :)

>> Or do I simply add the files here once more and then delete them from my
>> own project?
>
> yes, please

Done. However, I accidentally added a new toplevel project "mecurial" -
can some kind admin please get rid of it?

The adding of new packages to a project is a bit confusing. This is
the second time I managed to create a new toplevel project instead of
adding a package to a an existing one...

I somehow always assume that osc is smart enough to take the current
directory as the name of the project the package should be added to :)

Proposal: separate project and package maintenance in osc or add some
intelligence to let it make sane decisions. If I am located in my local
working directory "home:LenzGr" and I use "osc editmeta <foo>", it can
safely be assumed I want to add a new package to my home project, not
creating a new toplevel project...

Bye,
LenZ
- --