Re: [suse-amd64] Radeon 9600 SuSE 9.0 64Bit Version
  • From: Bjorn Tore Sund <bjornts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:03:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Bob Fischer wrote:

> > I already asked ATI two months ago about 64bit drivers. I was not deemed
> > worthy to receive an answer. However, I agree with other posters of this
> > thread: The more people ask for this drivers the better.
> > Myself, I did the logical thing. I bought an Nvidia 5900XT instead :-)
> > Nvidia supports Linux nicely and we can vote with our wallet...
>
> I had the same experience as well. NVidia makes great cards, why worry
> about Radeon?

If I end up going for Opteron workstations I'll probably be buying 15
or so as a start. I have learned the hard way NOT to try and remote
administer other people's workstations with NVIDIA cards, the driver
compiling after a kernel or xfree86 upgrade is just too much of a pain.

Bjørn
--
Bjørn Tore Sund Phone: (+47) 555-84894 Stupidity is like a
System administrator Fax: (+47) 555-89672 fractal; universal and

< Previous Next >