Re: [zypp-devel] OSI: openSUSE Installer Presentation
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:19:18 +0100
On 12/18/2008 at 8:30 PM, "Benji Weber" <benji@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2008/12/18 Dominique Leuenberger <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
That would basically require building against an LSB base project. I think
that's the only way this CAN be achieved.

Why?

Don't loose the context Duncan. The message I replied to was talking about
distribution indipendent. You'll not achieve this without creating a LSB
compliant build.

You can, with multiple builds.

And then putting the multiple builds together in on .osi file, in order to have
it distribution independent? Sounds like a huge overhead, when it
comes to a download afterwards.

Dominique