Re: [zypp-devel] OSI: openSUSE Installer Presentation
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:13:07 +0100

From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
That would basically require building against an LSB base project. I think
that's the only way this CAN be achieved.

Why?

Don't loose the context Duncan. The message I replied to was talking about
distribution indipendent. You'll not achieve this without creating a LSB
compliant build.

You simply can't guarantee any library being existant on any random system
(which is what distribution indipendent means).

Dominique