Re: [zypp-devel] OSI: openSUSE Installer Presentation
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:33:15 +0100
On 12/18/2008 at 2:33 PM, "Raul Romero" <raul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Dominique,

OSI's bundle will contain all those dependencies that are not within
the standard openSUSE repository.

The basis of the idea of OSI, is that the user will have at least the
standard repository of openSUSE, either because they have their online
version or the version in DVD / CD installation.

Additionally, OSI uses the technology "One Click Install", so it may
recommend as an option the online version that contains the most
current package of what is going to install.

Ok, then it does actually pretty much what I expected:
It expects me to have an internet connection in order to access the default
repositories ;)
Depending on the fact that the user has 'at least the DVD' is not enough, as
the online repo is much larger than what is shipped on the DVD.

Dominique