Re: [zypp-devel] Automatic removal of orphan depencencies
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:10:10 +0100
Michael Schroeder wrote:
Currently I don't use any such information at all. And I won't
store something like this in the solver, it's up to the library
user (i.e. libzypp) to feed the solver with information.

Cheers,
Michael.

Actually it would be cool if rpm would allow to inject arbitrary
metadata when installing a package, so you could save why the package
was installed when calling rpm. Then we could read this information in
the solv file.

Michael, what about another rpm patch? :-)

Duncan