Re: [yast-devel] btrfs level 0 qgroups
On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 09:52:07AM +0000, Arvin Schnell wrote:

So to avoid such problems with libstorage-ng and YaST I propose
to 1) disallow creating level 0 qgroups without an corresponding
subvolume and 2) ignore level 0 qgroups without a corresponding
subvolume during probing.

Unfortunately I found a situation where ignoring level 0 qgroups
without a corresponding subvolume during probing leads to
problems:

The level 0 qgroup can be assigned to a higher level qgroup. If
that higher level qgroup should be removed, all relations must be
removed in advance. Without having the level 0 qgroup in the
devicegraph also the relation is not known and thus the relation
cannot be removed. And 'btrfs qgroup destroy' does not have a
--force option.

So I think all qgroups must be probed. But modifying level 0
qgroups without a corresponding subvolume is not supported.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH