Re: [yast-devel] Re: Automatic AutoYaST Schema Validation
Dne 25. 09. 20 v 12:08 Imobach González Sosa napsal(a):

Yes, I think it makes sense to introduce it in two steps. First, we can
announce this feature (and even recommend the users to enable it). And then
we
can think about enabling it by default.

I'd prefer it the other way round (i.e. keep the current enabled status).

If we disable it by default many users will not know this new feature
and they will not run the validation at all. We would just postpone the problems
for later.

So far I have seen just few bugs regarding validation, I believe until
SP3 GM we fix most of them and therefore we should keep it enabled. If we find
a specific bug later we can always tell the customers to manually disable the
validation.

Of course, if we get a lot of bug reports in Beta phase we can change the
default, I do not want to have that feature enabled at any cost.

--
Ladislav Slezák
YaST Developer

SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.