Re: [yast-devel] Re: Partitioner: changing the default tab
On 2020-01-29 10:17, Stasiek Michalski wrote:

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 09:36, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2020-01-28 17:46, José Iván López González wrote:
 [...]
 Well, I agree we need to re-think the UI of the Expert Partitioner,

I just got a wild idea. What about an UI design contest?

I know people not familiar with YaST development tend to overlook our
ncurses limitations and the implications of using libYUI... but maybe we
can still get good ideas.

A GSoC project would be another possibility... but I really doubt such
thing would success.

The good news is that the logic for fiddling with devices (Y2Storage) is
clearly separated from the UI code (Y2Partitioner), so reimplementing
only the latter would be doable (unlike with the old yast2-storage).

Any redesign will require new widgets no matter how hard you try with
what libyui provides.
Whether it be menubar
https://github.com/libyui/libyui/issues/158

I just noticed today the AutoYaST modules has a menu, configured here:
https://github.com/yast/yast-autoinstallation/blob/master/src/include/autoinstall/conftree.rb#L374

Cheers
--
Ancor González Sosa