Re: [yast-devel] Re: Partitioner: changing the default tab
On 2020-01-28 17:46, José Iván López González wrote:
[...]
Well, I agree we need to re-think the UI of the Expert Partitioner,

I just got a wild idea. What about an UI design contest?

I know people not familiar with YaST development tend to overlook our
ncurses limitations and the implications of using libYUI... but maybe we
can still get good ideas.

A GSoC project would be another possibility... but I really doubt such
thing would success.

The good news is that the logic for fiddling with devices (Y2Storage) is
clearly separated from the UI code (Y2Partitioner), so reimplementing
only the latter would be doable (unlike with the old yast2-storage).

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH