Re: [yast-devel] YaST Sprint 83 Report
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 09:45:29 +0200
V Sat, 31 Aug 2019 12:55:06 +0200
Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> napsáno:

Hello,

Am Freitag, 30. August 2019 schrieb Imobach González Sosa:
https://lizards.opensuse.org/2019/08/30/yast-sprint-83/

In the "Handling Empty Comment Lines in NTP Configuration" section,
there's "as you can see in bug 1142026". Unfortunately all I can see is
"You are not authorized to access bug #1142026." :-(
Is there a chance to make that bugreport public?

Hi,
I do not know exact procedure to make bug report public, but in this case I
believe it can be public as it is bug found by our internal QA, so hopefully
nothing blocks it.

Somewhat related to that - what you did on the YaST side looks more
like a workaround to me. Wouldn't it make more sense to get Augeas
fixed?

Well, actually it is a bit different from augeas POV. Each comment has its own
entry. So you basically add comments per lines. And empty line is from augeas
POV formatting and not comment.

So in augeas

# comment 1

# comment 2

is parsed as

comment[1] => "# comment 1"
comment[2] => "# comment 2"

and augeas writter if you do not modify it, it keeps formatting as it was ( so
no changes to configuration ).

What yast do in past was different. It stores comments as single string before
given key. and it just paste that string before without trying to understand
it. So yast have there also formatting string, which augeas does not allow.
And that is root of issue. Ideal solution would be to parse what we have in
comment section by augeas so it is separated to augeas elements, but it will be
hard to merge later and also it will be reformatted. So simple filtering empty
lines looks easier for us as we already have from past ability to store
multi-line comments.

BTW for Leap15 and newer this is not issue as we use chrony with a much smarter
autoyast profile, that just define what user want to modify instead of complete
file parsed to internal structure.

Josef

Regards,

Christian Boltz