Re: [yast-devel] Build Times Strikes Back

On 6/26/19 7:42 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
V Tue, 25 Jun 2019 17:05:31 +0200
Stasiek Michalski <hellcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> napsáno:

On wto, cze 25, 2019 at 5:02 PM, Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi,
<snip>

Any other idea that can help?

I would be curious about how quick meson/ninja would as a replacement
for configure/make all. It promises to be quite a bit faster compared to
other tools ;)

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world

In fact, my plan was to play with libstorage-ng + mason during this week, but I am still working on another thing :)

Hi,
sounds like interesting idea. Feel free to play with it and measure it. Ideally
run on your machine ( so no side effects from different build host ) five times
rake osc:build with old and same amount with new and try to compare average
times with removal of extremes that can happen. I would be also curious, if we
really spend time in g++ and swig or if it some ineffeciency in autotools
respective its work distribution.

Josef