Re: [yast-devel] Storage-ng: bcache in non-x86_64 architectures
On 2/4/19 9:04 AM, José Iván López González wrote:
So, due to the tools are available for all architectures, I guess we
should not limit Bcache to x86. Of course, we would receive bugs because
bcache tools does not behave correctly, but we could simply forward such
bugs to bcache. Another option would be to restrict bcache actions only
to x86.

The options must be restricted. This is the Product Management answer to
the current status of bcache tools:

- we *must not* build the tools on non_x86_64
- we must open feature requests in JIRA for s390
- we must open feature request for ARM and power

So don't even expect bcache-tools to be available in the short term.

Fr the rest of archs, bcache devices would only be listed> but no actions
could be performed over them. Opinions?

No actions allowed. That's for sure. About displaying it, that's a more
complex question.

Cheers.