[yast-devel] Storage-ng: bcache in non-x86_64 architectures
For those involved in the bcache support in storage-ng, this is Coly's
answer to the question about the current status in all archs.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Fate#325346 - bcache in non-x86_64 architectures
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2019 00:35:11 +0800
From: Coly Li <ourbcacheperson@xxxxxx>

On 2019/2/1 5:56 下午, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

By the way, Coly, I have a question about that. Assuming bcache is not
production-ready in all architectures (which may be true or not,
that's still an open question) - Are the bcache-tools available in all
architectures, including those in which the technology doesn't work
that well?

Bcache-tools can run on non-x86_64 platform, at least other people and I
run them on s390x. The problem is, bcache code, everywhere, assume the
machine is x86_64, even in formatting a bcache device, it does not
handle bit order in meta data structures, and the checksum calculation
order is wrong on big endian machines. So I would answer, bcache tools
can run on all architectures, but they are only available (behave
correctly) on x86_64 at this moment.

Thanks.

--

Coly Li