Re: [yast-devel] Executing our own code: inst-sys clients
On 08/15/2018 05:15 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
V Wed, 15 Aug 2018 16:38:02 +0200
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx> napsáno:

On 15.08.2018 16:08, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Problem with examples is that it stop working and no-one notice it.

For UI I prefer examples which I can manually run. This is e.g. reason why
for expert partitioner we had (or still have ) special client that can work
with passed yaml file.

The expert partitioner can run standalone; that one is not a problem. All
the
stuff that is used directly or indirectly by the proposal is a big problem.

So maybe we need to identify why proposal is so big problem? If we can
somehow base proposal on some format that describe conditions on which
proposal is created?

I'm a little bit lost here. What are we missing exactly? We already have
tests that check how the proposal work for a given initial disks layout
and a given configuration from control.xml (or role, or whatever).

We also have src/examples/proposal_settings_dialog.rb that takes a
control file and a storage-ng scenario as arguments and present the
dialog, printing the proposal at the end. Of course, we could have
exactly the same but with the previous dialog (the one that contains the
buttons for "Guided Setup" and "Expert Partitioner").

So it's perfectly possible (and we do it all the time) to run the
proposal or any of its components dialogs based on a description of the
conditions (the control.xml and the devicegraph).

Or did I miss the point? What is missing in that regard?

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH