Re: [yast-devel] Executing our own code: inst-sys clients
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 17:47:55 +0200
V Wed, 15 Aug 2018 17:26:24 +0200
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx> napsáno:

On 15.08.2018 17:15, Josef Reidinger wrote:

This is all beyond the point, and this is why I had said beforehand that it's
pointless to discuss anything meaningful on this mailing list. It drifts off
to sidelines every single time. The topic always remains untouched, questions
always remain unanswered.

Giving up.

OK, so lets summarize your questions and answers I write:

- How can we get there?

as I write try to arrange call for it ( with good time slot ). Maybe it can be
topic for retrospective, because if you want it everywhere then it have to be
part of acceptance criteria and it also slow down development for people that
use different way for manual run in insts-sys ( maybe in the end they benefit
from it ).

- Don't you have the same problems?

I write some problems I had in past and as a bonus I can say that for me the
biggest problem is insts-sys on strange architectures for which is hard to get
machine and if you get it then it use some obscure communication tool.

- How do you develop code that will live in the inst-sys?

I write how I do it. I believe others have different way and can write their
own way. I also try to explain why I use my own way (e.g. same way which use
customer for PTFs).

If there was more questions, then I overlook it, but I hope I answer all your
questions.

Josef