Re: [yast-devel] Codeclimate update
On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 11:07:43 +0100
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 29.11.2017 18:54, José Iván López González wrote:
I would avoid to disable it completely. We need somebody/something who
remembers us we can do it better :)

The question remains: What exactly does it do for us?
If it's really just another front-end to rubocop, it's not worth the hassle.

Using a web service that promises to be a tool just for the sake of using it
does not give us any benefit; there has to be something that the other tools
we are already using don't do. Is there something that the others don't do?

Kind regards

Well, advantage against plain rubocop is that it

1. integrate more services - see
https://docs.codeclimate.com/docs/list-of-engines
2. visualize it
3. have rating, so it is not plain pass/fail, but allow to see something like
worse, but still not above limit.
4. provides badge for project, so it shows external people some idea about code
quality

Josef