Re: [yast-devel] yast-python-bindings issues
Symbol issue is already resolved (I commented on the pull request).

On 11/10/2017 12:42 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
V Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:29:41 -0700
David Mulder <dmulder@xxxxxxxx> napsáno:

Hi David,
at the first let me say, that it is really impressive work you did.

The teardown crash is resolved (without any hacky work arounds). I'm
not really sure what fixed it, but in the midst of some refactoring
it went away.
Modules can all be loaded dynamically via yast.import_module()
Syntax matches ruby syntax where possible (with the major exception of
symbols, since these do not exist in python). This is the biggest
change from the old bindings.
this is problem as I pointed out in pull request. This basically mean
you cannot pass as argument symbol, so some method call cannot be
constructed like (ruby variant)
"UI.QueryWidget(Id(:widget1), :Value)". You probably need to introduce
special construct ( or class ) for it.

Client component system now allows loading of python yast modules.
All ycp types are wrapped via swig and are generated, so fewer
crashes, etc. Have some pydocs, but some work in progress here.

I've submitted a pull request here:
https://github.com/yast/yast-python-bindings/pull/5
I did review, but I am not python bindings expert, so just from ycp POV.

There are some remaining issues, but overall we've made huge progress,
and this code works very well.
We should have feature parity now with the old bindings (feel free to
point out if I've missed something), plus some new features.

I'd appreciate a review and merge, since we're aiming to get these
into SLE15 SP1 now.
Merge is not a problem, but package is also missing in SLE15, so if you
want to get it there, I suggest to do it now for GA ( as it is less
bureucrazy then later in SP ) and also please do initial submit
yourself in IBS, so it is clear you will be maintainer of module and
not yast team.
Will you please make me a maintainer for the yast-python-bindings obs
and ibs projects so I can get this done right away?

Thanks
Josef

--
David Mulder