[yast-devel] why is there helper scripts beside yast-devtools?
Hi,
let me first explain my problem. I am adapting create_maintenance_branch
script, to be prepared for SP3 branching. One of tasks I would like to do by
this script is protecting new SP3 branch with protected branches. But here is
problem. create_maintenance_branch lives in yast2-devtools, but
protect_branches lives in helper_scripts. For this reason I cannot reliable
call one from another, as it is different git repositories and I do not know
location of another one.

What is reason to have out development scripts in two places? I actually have
problem to found that helper_scripts at all. I though that devtools is place
where such scripts lives and if we do not want to pack it, as it already
happens for some parts, then it is not part of spec file and even in Rakefile
can be excluded from tarball.

Josef